COVID-19 has brought significant changes to the forefront of our everyday lives. As we look to the future, we will all have a role to play in continuing to adjust to the current situation.
That being said, we are slowly returning to a new sense of normality as businesses across the country are slowly re-opening, or preparing to re-open, in the near future. All businesses have the increased responsibility of keeping their patrons and the greater community safe, by implementing new policies and procedures to decrease the risk of transmission.
Childventures knows that as a childcare provider, we are entrusted with the task of keeping your children healthy and safe. This is our number one priority, and we do not take it lightly. With that in mind, we are going above and beyond government regulations to ensure the safety of your children upon returning to our state of the art learning environments.
Below, you will find more information about all the enhancements being added to all of the Childventures centres. We are taking every precaution possible to ensure the health and safety of all of our staff and our families.
Childventures COVID-19 Enhancements
- Pre-screening: We will be sending you a digital pre-screening form nightly, via HiMama, to complete for your child for the following day. This is done to ensure that everyone entering the centre is in good health.
- Temperature Checks: Upon arrival the next morning at our centres, one of our team members will take your child’s temperature with a contactless thermometer to determine if they are healthy or running a fever. If the reading comes back normal, they will enter the facility, and if they are running a fever, they will be asked to return home. All of our team members will be screened and checked every day as well to ensure they are healthy and can be in our centres. Upon getting approval to enter our facilities, hand sanitizer will be readily available for those who need it.
- Scheduled Time Slots: To ensure physical distancing measures are being met, we are scheduling both pick-up and drop-off time slots to limit traffic within each centre.
- Environment Facilitators: We are hiring full-time employees, to ensure the sterilization process throughout each centre is completed thoroughly. They will ensure all areas of our centres and our toys are properly sterilized throughout each day to ensure the health and safety of everyone.
- Contact Tracing: Through HiMama, we will be able to identify and track the movement of the children throughout the centres during the day. This will allow us to trace interactions between children and staff, to know who had contact with who, should any health issues arise.
- Physical Distancing: We will be implementing physical distancing measures throughout all of our centres to decrease the risk of transmission. While physical distancing measures will be in place, children will still be able to interact socially with one another to facilitate a healthy learning environment.
- HEPA Filters: To add another level of safety for our children, we have added HEPA filters into all of our classrooms and around our facilities to help filter the air within the environment. HEPA filters take away 97% of the bacteria and viruses within the air through their filtration technology.
- PPE For Teachers: As an extra layer of precaution, our teachers and staff will have access to necessary PPE. Gowns, face masks and face shields will be available for use should any child not be feeling well, to ensure everyone’s safety.
- Technology Enhancements: The technology that we are adding will give us the ability to communicate, screen and track children as necessary, providing an added level of safety for everyone within our facilities. On top of our HiMama app, we will also be using a vaccine technology and an antibody technology, so that when vaccines and tests become readily available for the masses, we are able to track this appropriately.
- Virtual & After Hours Tours: We will not be holding any in person tours during operating hours at any of our facilities. The tours for new prospective families will be conducted virtually via Zoom to ensure the safety of all of our team members and children.
In addition to all of the enhancements above, all of the same practices will be applied to our entire staff where necessary, to ensure everyone entering our facilities is in good health to keep your children safe.
We could not be more excited to be returning to our learning environment and welcoming back our families. You can rest assured that we are ready, willing and able to provide the best possible childcare experience for you and your family.
If you have any other questions regarding our COVID-19 enhancements, please feel free to contact us with any questions you may have. We look forward to seeing and serving you again.