Spending quality time with your family is important, so if you are looking for fun things to do in Oakville you’re in the right place. There are many great options to take advantage of with the family. Here are a few fun, family-friendly activities that we recommend you try!
Oakville has an abundance of beautiful parks to explore. Whether you’re packing up some sandwiches and having a fun picnic, or kicking around a soccer ball with the children, there’s a park with your name on it! Here are some of our favourite parks to visit:
- Bronte Heritage Waterfront Park
- Coronation Park
- Lakeside Park
- Shell Park
- Munn’s Creek Park
If you’re looking for something active to do indoors, check out the Aero Sports Trampoline Park which even has a toddler zone for younger children.
There are many choices if you choose to spend your weekend in a more educational way, we have a few suggestions. Here are a few stimulating and fun activities to take part in if you want to be inspired and learn:
- Oakville Parent-Child Centre – this Oakville community centre for parents and children has a huge variety of activities that you can do with your child. From music classes, baby massage to programs for dual language learners, there is sure to be something that catches your interest.
- Oakville Public Library – the Oakville Public Library has plenty of awesome fun family-friendly events that take place throughout the year. There are arts and crafts, family movie nights and of course, storytelling. There’s always something to consider, so take a look and see what fits your family!
Oakville Events & Festivals
There is a lot happening in our neighbourhood throughout the year so take a look at some of these child-friendly annual events that are occurring nearby:
- Oakville Children’s Festival
- Art in the Park
- Oakville Family Rib Fest
- Oak Park Fall Fair
- Oakville Santa Claus Parade
As you can see, there are plenty of things to do in Oakville with children. Try something new this year and see what you can discover in your local area.
To learn more about Childventures and how we nurture your child’s creativity and love of learning, click here!