Since studies have shown that fast food actually slow a child’s learning development, our Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds program ensures your child receives fresh, balanced and nutritious meals every day. Here is a recipe for Mulligatawny Stew that children at Childventures really enjoy.
- 3 cups Chicken Breast (cooked)
- 5 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 can Green Lentils
- 1 can Chopped Tomatoes (15 oz.)
- ½ cup Applesauce
- 1 cup Celery (chopped)
- ½ cup Carrot (diced)
- 1 Small Spanish Onion (finely diced)
- 2 tbsp. Parsley (snipped)
- 1½ tsp. Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp. Curry Powder
- 2 cups Cooked Basmati Rice
1. Sauté celery, carrots and onions in a saucepan until tender-crisp.
2. Stir in chicken broth, lentils, tomatoes, applesauce and lemon juice.
3. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat.
4. Season with parsley and curry powder. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring often.
5. Stir in chicken breast and heat through.
6. Serve with Basmati rice.
Let us know if you try this recipe at home!