Childventures is known for encouraging Healthy Bodies, Healthy Minds. Here is a recipe for Beef and Tomato Penne Al Forno for you to try at home for your family. It is delicious, very appetizing and healthy.
- ½ lb. Ground Beef
- 250 gm Whole Grain Penne
- 3 each Fresh Roma Tomatoes (diced)
- 1 can Tomato Sauce
- 2 stalks Celery (diced)
- ½ each Spanish Onion (finely diced)
- 2 cup Mozzarella & Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- ¼ cup Parmigiano Reggiano Cheese (grated)
- 2 cloves Fresh Garlic
- ½ tsp. Oregano, dried
- ½ tsp. Basil, dried
1. Add whole grain penne to a medium size pot of boiling water and cook until Al Dente (be sure not to overcook). Strain and add to a large casserole dish.
2. Sauté ground beef on the stove top with diced onions and celery (until beef is no longer pink and onions become translucent).
3. Strain the cooked meat and add diced tomatoes and beef to the pasta.
4. Season tomato sauce with garlic, oregano and basil and add to the casserole dish.
5. Mix all ingredients thoroughly and top with mozzarella and cheddar cheese. Top again with parmigiano reggiano cheese.
6. Cover with silicone or wax paper and foil and bake in the oven at 325°F until cheese has melted (roughly 20 minutes).
7. Serve immediately.
We hope you enjoy this recipe. Let us know if you try it at home.